Monday, March 5, 2012

Parking Rebel


Have you seen these parking signs? They have them at the grocery store where we get our prescriptions. The sign there also includes "new mothers" as those allowed to park in those exclusive spots (hey---what about new fathers?).

I don't like to be excluded from things because we can't get pregnant, so I break the "rules." Normally, I would not do something like this---I've never even been pulled over (yet). I am not a rule-breaker. I don't even cut in lines. Not even when a friend is "saving my spot." But last Friday, I did it. I parked in that spot. I was quite the rebel.

Then, while I was in the store, I saw a pregnant woman and then right after, a woman with a baby carrier in her cart. And you know what? I should have felt guilty. I should have committed to never do that again because there were people who needed that spot. Instead, though, the thought running through my mind was: "Ha-Ha, SUCKERS!"

I need some serious help.


5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through LFCA and I love your sense of humor! Looking forward to following your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...awesome! Who is going to confront you about parking in that spot anyway! If I ever see one of these spots I will also park in them. Then go in to buy alcohol because I can!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from LFCA also. I wanted you to know you are connected to a bunch of wonderful ladies and a special commumity of IF bloggers. I've been through all these feelings and even started TTC around the same time as you. I'm glad to have found your blog and hope it helps you feel less alone and vent to people who get you.

    I also have done a post about parking in the "expectant mothers" spot too! They can't prove I'm not preggo.

    Here's my link if you want to visit!
    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Thanks for the good laugh. Keep on parking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I've yet to see one of those spots, but if I did I am sure on one of my pissed-at-every-preggo days or still-angry-about-my-miscarriage days I'd park in them too.

    ReplyDelete

You are fabulous!