Monday, March 26, 2012

Eleven



My half-sister just had her 11th baby on Friday. ELEVENTH. I'm not sure how that happens, but it did.

She didn't tell many people that she was pregnant again because she wanted to avoid unwanted comments. I understand this. Even when someone has 11 children, it is still an intimate decision between husband and wife. It isn't entirely the same, but I don't like it when people comment on my lack of children. However, it makes me wonder how my half-sister, with whom I share DNA, got such fertility genes, while I can't even manage to have one baby.

Anyway, I'm not too upset about it. She is much older than me (her oldest child is only 5 years younger than me) and lives in a different state, so we aren't super close.

One of her daughters (my half-niece) has been pregnant 4 times in the last 3 years. THIS bothers me. I think she is 20 years old.

How does this happen?


---Mrs. M.


2 comments:

  1. This post amazes me. How does someone get that lucky to be able to conceive by looking at their partner? I would KILL for that kind of fertility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another of the cruel jokes the universe likes to play ...

    ReplyDelete

You are fabulous!