Monday, March 19, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies


Remember that weekend I had not so long ago? Well, what I didn't tell you was that I could tell it was going to be one of those weekends on Saturday at noon. How did I know?


I had some boxes of GS cookies waiting to be sensibly rationed over a long period of time. Just sitting there. In my pantry. I had even figured out the Weight Watchers points before opening the boxes. On Saturday afternoon, however, I opened a box. And I ate. And ate. And opened another box. And ate. 

The feeding frenzy did not stop until I went to bed on Sunday night. And GS cookies weren't the only thing I ate. I went to a buffet. I made more pizza. I baked some french fries. I drank lots of soda (I rarely do this. Really.). It was ridiculous. 

I can happily say, though, that I ate so many cookies (and other junk food), that I don't feel like eating at all right now. So, perhaps my depressive whirlwind of a weekend is out of my system. 

Why can't I overdo it on broccoli and green peas? Oh, yeah, because I don't LIKE those things.

Thank goodness those cookies only come around once a year.

---Mrs. M.

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least you won't need to worry about counting those points in the future ....

    I have a favorite expressions: "Everything in moderation, including moderation." This was your chance to apply that - and better days will follow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are like crack. My husband and I call those girls scouts you see in the grocery store little devils because it's so hard to tell them no!

    New to your blog and the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete

You are fabulous!