Monday, February 27, 2012

Facebook Oblivion






Last night, I came across this on my facebook newsfeed:

New Mother's Status:


I'm going to be really, really sad if I never make it back into my size 2 skinny jeans again.



After several supportive comments from others, New Mother writes this on the same thread:


Okay, so the size doesn't really matter. getting rid of the post-preggo chub does, though. it's hard when you've never been fat before! although.. I doubt I'd have long in them before being pregnant again anyway..




Oy. She obviously has never struggled with infertility OR her weight. She also clearly expects to be pregnant again soon. I guess getting pregnant the first time after 5 months of marriage will do that to you. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi! Found your blog on LFCA! Sorry you have to be a part of the ALI community. While a great support system, not something anyone strives for. That person on facebook needs to stop talking...it bothers me and it wasn't even on my facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also came across your blog on LFCA. Hello! And wow, that is some terrible Facebook posting. Not sure which is worse, the size 2 bragging or the fertility smugness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I also found you on LFCA. My blog is new on there too. I dread status' like this coming up on my feed. Really kicks you in the gut doesn't it. Even if I had never experienced IF I think these would make me squirm. Some people just seem to live in this 'Me, me, me' bubble don't they.

    ReplyDelete

You are fabulous!